happy fourth of july to all my american friends…
today i just want to share 5 keys to seeing breakthrough in our lives from the wisdom of king david in psalm 37.
1. cultivate the land you already possess. be thankful for the promises you have already seen God fulfill. often we forget what He has ALREADY done while waiting on the next promise. focusing on this builds faith in us and reminds us of what a good God he is. thankfulness leads us into His presence and in His presence is the fullness of joy.
3 Trust in the Lord and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
2. worship. this is what we are created for. lose yourself in His glorious presence. ask Him how you can bring Him pleasure and bless His heart. take the focus off of you and get lost in His glory.
4 Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
3. surrender your plans to Him.
5 Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him and he will do this:
4. trust that it is ultimately His job to make you shine. He is way better at promoting us that we are at promoting ourselves.
6 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
your vindication like the noonday sun.
5. trust in His timing. He makes all things beautiful in His time. the Lord once spoke to me, “waiting speaks of worth”. we are willing to wait for things of value. when you get weary of waiting remember the most expensive things in life are worth a wait. as you wait, your promise is accumulating interest.
7 Be still before the Lord
and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.
have a happy day and delight yourself in Him. He is faithful and way better than we can even imagine. we serve a GOOD God!